Tuesday, June 29, 2004

The New York Times > Washington > National Review Founder to Leave Stage: "In explaining his decision, Mr. Buckley said he had taken some satisfaction in the triumph of conservatism since then, though he expressed some complaints about President Bush's unconservative spending and some retrospective doubts about the wisdom of invading Iraq. But his decision, Mr. Buckley said, had more to do with his own mortality." Watching WFB each week on Firing Line, as I was encouraged to do by one of my economics professors at the University of Denver, had a lot to do with me becoming politically active, interested in philosophy, and committed to truth and justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!