Saturday, July 03, 2004

The New York Times > Theater > News & Features > A Comedian Is Serious About Winning New York: "Mr. Moran, however, is not famous in the United States. 'I'm Joe Schmo here,' he said on a recent afternoon from his temporary apartment in Chelsea. 'Actually, I'm not even Joe Schmo here. I'm Joe Schmo's little brother.'"

Running for elected political office seems a lot like the problem the problem that the comic faces-- building an audience. That's what I'm trying to do with this blog, the 0ne-page newsletter John Wren's Journal & Downtown Denver Datebook (email me if you'd like me to send you a copy each week), and talking to as many people who live in the district as possible. How am I doing? Should I try and get my first laugh quicker?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!