Thursday, July 01, 2004

DenverPost.com - LOCAL NEWS: "violent deaths are to be expected on streets where unprovoked assaults have become a sport."

Building the new jail (the city has purchased the Rocky Mountain News building to use for this purpose) right in the middle of downtown Denver, across from the new convention center, may set the right tone for visitors, given our increasing crime rate. A friend of mine told me yesterday about arriving in Chijuajua, Mexico. The train station is right across the street from the territorial prison. "It made me wonder what I'd gotten myself into." Will vistors to Denver have the same thoughts as they look out the giant convention center windows at our new jail have the same effect on Denver visitors? Once they escape their convention, will they want to stick around or come back with their families? What will happen to our already poor Denver tourist trade?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!