Socrates Cafe Online, each Tue, Fri, Sat, 1st. Sun, 6:30 pm Denver MDT (303)861-1447 Socrates Cafe Dialogue Groups: Watch1 Lead1 Start1. Meeting ID and password emailed to members 30 minutes before each meeting. For free membership write JohnScottWren@gmail.com.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I've been up early, thinking about the talk I'm giving tonight to the Parker Kiwanis club.

It's important for me to do a good job tonight. The Rocky Mountain Kiwanis have listed me as a potential speaker for their clubs, thanks to my friend Joe Sabah. This is the listing for me:

“Learn to Win!” John Wren - Since 1996, John Wren has been sharing Ben Franklin's powerful education technique, what may have been Ben's best invention! To invite John (and Ben) to your next meeting, contact them at 303-861-1447 - JohnSWren@aol.com

You can see the complete lising of Kiwanis speakers at http://www.rmdkiwanis.com/Speakersbureau.pdf

Seems to me service clubs such as Kiwanis, Rotary, Lions, and Optimists have a big, big potential to transform themselves into adult self directed learning groups.

I joined the South Denver Optimists Club a couple of years ago. They have elected me President for the year starting the first of next month (October) and we are going to test using the Franklin Circle format for our meetings. (see http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Franklin-Circle-Adult-Self-Directed-Learning-Group for information about how you could start a Franklin Circle, or email me at JohnSWren@aol.com if you'd like to join us at the South Metro Optimists or if you'd like to join the group of small business owners and entrepreneurs I'm now forming.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!