Sunday, March 04, 2007

Want to start a Wiki?

I just requested a wiki called When & Where Wiki. Goal: a world-wide calendar of local events, educational, cultural, entertainment, and political. Right now there is no such thing, even at the local level here in Denver. Seems to me this is an application of peer production that makes a lot on sense.

Mission: Help people anywhere in the world answer the question "what are we going to do tonight".

I would have loved for this to exist when I was doing the marketing for the Denver Symphony, I'd love it now for the meetup.com groups I facilitate here in Denver, New Denver Republican Meetup, IDEA Cafe, and Socrates Cafe.

Here's my plan. I'm going to develop the Denver When & Where email I've been sending out once in a while, and develop a network of people in other cities who are doing the same thing.

Want to stake a claim for a link to your city? Email me at JohnSWren@aol.com. I'm immediately open to people who will research and post events for: Aspen, Vail, Dillon, Grand Junction, Durango, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Ft. Collins, and Greely in Colorado; Anchorage, Honolulu, Austin, Houston, Dallas, Seattle, Phoenix, St. Louis, Kansas City, Chicago, Detroit, New York, Washington D.C., Boston, Philladelphia, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta in the US; and Mexico City, London, Paris, Toronto, Montreal, Rome, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Hong Kong, Hanoi, Bangkok, New Delhi, Moscow, Tel Aviv, Cairo, Athens, Vienna, Berlin, Amsterdam, Madrid, Rio De Janeiro, Buenos Aires, and world-wide.

Postings will be English only for now, just list English speaking events to keep it simple as we start. Preference will be given to people who live in the community and to people who already publish a calendar of events in their city. After you send me your indication of interest, I'll send you a startup kit and the address for the new When & Where Wiki so you can link to it and start posting in your community and getting others who live there to help you.

Interested? Questions? Email me at JohnSWren@aol.com. I'd hate to see us miss this chance to work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!