Wednesday, May 30, 2007




Jared Polis (left) told us about how he started Pro Flowers at the Denver IDEA Cafe last Friday http://ideacafe.meetup.com/1



He told us he did no market research and no formal planning before launching his business selling flowers directly from the grower to the consumer.


The new University of Colorado football coach Dan Hawkins (top pictures, the guy with hair) told our Denver Lions Club yesterday that he expects the Buffs to fare much better next year.
"Coaching became much more enjoyable to me over 20 years ago, and I started building winning teams, when I started focusing on what I can do for the players to make a positive contribution to their lives. It's not just about beating Nebraska and Colorado State. Although if we don't beat them next year you'll probably have a different speaker here with you!" He admires Ghandi and Mother Terresa, he thinks everyone involved in leadership and team building should read Phil Jackson's book Sacred Hoops.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!