Wednesday, June 27, 2007

There is More to the Secret by Ed Gungor has just come out,a much needed perspective, in my opinion. It's a reaction to the run away best seller The Secret, which repackages the power of positive thinking. I just sent Ed this email:

Dear Ed,

Just picked up and read through your Secrets book,
very much needed right now. My friend was really
into his church, I thought, read Secrets and is now
separated from his wife, sold his business, gone off
the deep end.

I'm Catholic, a member of Alcoholics Anonymous, and
President of my Optimists Club. All of these things can
be a distraction from my relationship with God. Your
book helped me refocus.

Although, I could have the same problem with your writing,
after looking at your very interesting website.

Gospel reading for this morning for us Catholics is Matthew
7:13+ which in the Peterson translation starts,
"Don't look for shortcuts to God." So I'm off to Mass, Optimist Club
at noon, and AA meeting tonight. Thanks for your powerful
reminder to make sure my motives for all these things, and
connecting with your words, is to strengthen my relation with Him.

Do you have any plans to be in Denver?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!