Socrates Cafe Online, each Tue, Fri, Sat, 1st. Sun, 6:30 pm Denver MDT (303)861-1447 Socrates Cafe Dialogue Groups: Watch1 Lead1 Start1. Meeting ID and password emailed to members 30 minutes before each meeting. For free membership write JohnScottWren@gmail.com.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

As Denver tries to decide whether to hand the Mayor a blank check for up to $550 million (plus all the private money from fundraising and increases in staff salaries to operate the new facilities that will be built that will be trigger by it’s passage--for the concert hall ($55 million), the libraries ($8 million), etc. etc. I have just one question:

Where is the Mayor?

He seems to be around to sign his clean air plan, to announce the belt-tightening in yet another poor neighborhood, etc.

But he is no where to be seen when it comes to answering questions on A thru I.

For example, here is a perfectly valid set of questions on A thru I. Mayor J-Hic has had over a week to give an answer. WHY HASN’T HE RESPONDED!

Whoa, Whoa! Just a Minute There, Big Fella!By: Joshua Sharf
10/16/2007

I've written here before about the proposed Denver property tax hikes. Here's a list of 9 questions - plus follow-ups - that those proposing this increase should have to answer before we vote for any of these bonds, and certainly before we vote for the mill levy increase...


When J-Hic is invited to events, his handler says he will be out of town (see my exchange of emails with her regarding the Denver Grassroots Rally tomorrow (Oct 25) on www.JohnWren.com)

Why is he hiding? Because A thru I is a do-over!

If you care about Denver, take action NOW!

Email your friends, encouraging them to email their friends, encouraging them to email their friends, etc. etc. It’s like doing a wave at the Broco or Rockies game. Here’s the message: JUST VOTE NO ON A THRU I.

Put it in your own words, be creative! Cc: me at JohnSWren@aol.com and I’ll post your email on my blog www.JohnWren.com and give the most creative a prize—coffee at Panera Bread.

Send the Mayor a message: WE ARE MAD AS HELL AND WE JUST AREN'T GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE! A TAX INCREASE EVERY 6 MONTHS IS JUST TOO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!