Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Denver Post today endorsed J-Hic’s cash grab. The so called “Better Denver” ad appears at the top of the Internet editorial page! Wow. I posted my letter to the editor the daily newspapers have refused to print as my comment, why don’t you go there now and post your thoughts on A thru I. http://www.denverpost.com/editorials/ci_7153084

My friend Bob Cropp send me this email about my TV “interview” on A thru I, and he gave me permission to share it here with you:

John,

It appears that Hizzoner's campaign manager edited your interview on Ch. 7. I wasn't sure, from what was on the interview, if you were opposing the bond issue or not. The impression I got was that you were just objecting to the packaging of the issues without adequate understanding of what was being asked of the taxpayers. While that is likely true, it isn't the whole story.

Unfortunately, I agree with Spencer that all the issues will pass. Never overestimate the understanding of the urban voter. My daughter and her husband will vote against.

When I was a kid my Dad, an ardent Democrat, told me that ever since the Supreme Court struck down some of FDR's projects it became the policy of the Democrat party to stuff the judiciary with judges that were as Liberal as possible. Up until the Reagan administration the Republicans didn't seem to care. During the Vietnam war Lyndon Johnson gave draft exemptions to teachers. Seems innocent enough but it served to greatly accelerate the Left's penetration and dominance in education. The entertainment media was already far left for reasons that are politically incorrect to mention and the news media soon followed because the journalists were being taught by these leftist professors.

It all reminds me of the dictum of Heinrich Himmler, "tell the people something long enough and they will believe it!" Like Gore who, when presented with some inconvenient facts on Global Warming, bellowed back that this (GW) was an accepted fact by the scientific community and not subject to debate.

By the way I am sponsoring a talk by Dan Spicer, Ph.D. a retired NASA scientist entitled "Religion and Science; Friends or Foes?" You and anyone you know who might be interested are cordially invited.

You won't find many with more credibility than Dr. Dan. Here are the details:


Religion and Science: Friends or Foes?

We’ve heard that religion is incompatible with science but is that true?
Are scientists atheists?

Has science disproved the existence of God?

Come and hear Dan Spicer Ph.D. discuss these issues and more. There will be a question and answer period following the presentation.

Some of the positions Doctor Spicer has held include:
Research Professor of Physics, Drexel University, Philadelphia
Emeritus Scientist, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Senior Scientist, Laboratory for Space Physics, NASA/GSFC
Chief, NASA Center for Computational Sciences, NASA/GSFC
Senior Research Physicist, Plasma Physics Division, U. S. Naval Research Laboratory,
Visiting Professor, Institut für Astronomie, ETH-Zentrum, Zürich,Switzerland
Regular Lecturer, Culham Summer School on Plasma Physics, Oxford University, UK

St. Thomas More Church
Dessert with Deacons
Saint Francis Hall
October 24
7:00 – 8:30 PM
Free and open to all.
Join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!