Saturday, October 20, 2007

Here my letter in today's Rocky Mountain News and here is my post that was just rejected:

I emailed this letter to the Rocky Mountain News and posted it on my blog www.JohnWren.com October 4. You can see the original version there.

As you can see, I sent this speaking only for myself. The News added “GOP Chairman for House District 5.” Why? To encourage Democrats not to pay attention to what I'm saying. When speaking to the reporter for the paper I’ve made it clear I was speaking as a private individual, and as you can see on www.JohnWren.com I did not sign the letter as GOP District Chair.

Powerful forces use this divide and conquer technique to control the grassroots majority. Democrats, Republicans, and independent voters unite! Just vote no on the insanity of A thru I! And email, telephone, and write letters encouraging your friends to do the same!


I just tried to post a comment about my letter to the editor published today in the Rocky Mountain News and got this message:

Comment Submission Error
Your comment submission failed for the following reasons:

You are not allowed to post comments.


What an outrage!

This also happened when I tried to post a response to the letter to the editor in Rocky Mountain News from Doug Adams from the Colorado Symphony. I immediately emailed the newspaper asking why I was not allowed to post; there has been no answer.

So much the illusion of interactive dialog with the Rocky Mountain News Online!

The paper is using technology not to increase dialog, but to further bias the news and manipulate public opinion.

Those who are concerned about the direction of Denver are invited to join us each Friday at 4 p.m. for Ben’s TGIF Grassroots Rally at Panera Bread, 13th & Grant near the Capitol. For more info, see http://cocacop.meetup.com/2

7:27 a.m. I just called the newsroom at the Rocky Mountain News asking them to correct the letter online and run a correction in the paper. I'll let you know how they respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!