Monday, October 15, 2007

I just sent this to the Post & News:

Just vote NO on A thru I.

What Denver is doing with this election is being watched closely across the state. If A thru I passes, you can expect to see similar efforts multiply in future elections.

I went to hear the Colorado Symphony concert recently one Sunday afternoon. It was a very exciting program, a very accessible work that had never before been performed in Denver. The hall was nearly empty. The review of the Friday night performance had praised the music and commented on the embarrassment of such a small audience.

More rehearsal space, a bigger lobby, and a new Speer entrance will not solve this problem.

As a former Director of Marketing and Public Relations for the Denver Symphony Orchestra (we had more sell-outs during my tenure than ever before or since) I say that the Symphony proposal is a mistake. It would reward bad management with big money. That’s why I’ve called it Enron-style politics.

Voters should use this opportunity to wake up Denver city government and stop the Hickenlooper’s citizen study approach to government.

It has been said that the mayor likes this approach because he is a geologist, and this is how a geologist thinks.

Really? Would anyone invest in an oil project that was the result of a citizen's committee?

And how well has it worked here in Denver?

It has been used to address our crisis with the homeless. If you want to see how well that has worked, take a walk through Civic Center park.

It has been used in Denver education. The result? Denver Public schools are on the verge of collapse.

Send a clear message: A thru I is a do-over: just vote no. And use your email to encourage your friends to do the same.

For more reasons why, see www.JohnWren.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!