Friday, November 02, 2007


(A home in Malibu) was practically the only one on the street left untouched."Maybe it was because of the Ben Franklin plaque I had on my garage," (the owner) said in jest. Several years ago, (he) bought the antique plaque; a colonial-era sign that indicated residents had paid into a fireman's fund of the time.

"Ben Franklin pioneered the idea of a public fire department," (the owner) said. "In those days, if your house caught fire, they would send a fire truck to put it out if you had one of these plaques on your door."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!