Socrates Cafe Online, each Tue, Fri, Sat, 1st. Sun, 6:30 pm Denver MDT (303)861-1447 Socrates Cafe Dialogue Groups: Watch1 Lead1 Start1. Meeting ID and password emailed to members 30 minutes before each meeting. For free membership write JohnScottWren@gmail.com.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love!" Ann Frank, whose birthday is today. On her 13th birthday she received a diary as a gift from her father, which she filled with thoughts like this that have made it the 2nd best selling book next to the bible since it was published in 1947 after her death.


On this day in 1967 - The United States Supreme Court in Loving v. Virginia declares all U.S. state laws which prohibit interracial marriage to be unconstitutional.

In 1967 I started working full time for my father, which I did for the next two years as I finished my BA at the University of Denver after getting married. I hired the first black employee for his company. In the early 60s there were no blacks or hispanics working in most Denver grocery stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!