Thursday, June 26, 2008

There’s an expanded letter to the editor in today’s Denver Post about the committee that’s picking a committee to oversee the remodeling/replacement of Boettcher Concert Hall. I posted this comment:


I've always loved the current concert hall, which opened to rave reviews. So I was against Mayor Hickenlooper's request for remodeling money.

A thru I wouldn't have passed without the Mayor's support, so I hope he is now staying on top of how the money is being spent.

I understand that this was not done with the new addition to the Denver Art Museum, and that we are now facing serious roof issues because the construction was not properly done, and that the contract for the work was not well negotiated so that the city is now responsible for the necessary replacement.

Will the Mayor approve the plans and oversee the constructions for the new concert hall on behalf of the Denver citizens who he convinced to vote for A thru I?
How is the other A thru I money being spent? Has the city issued any kind of a progress report?

I invite the Mayor to update us at the next Denver Speakers Corner, Sunday, July 6, 4 p.m., Civic Center North Pavilion, on Colfax just across the street from the Denver Newspaper Agency. More info (including video of our first two meetings) and optional RSVP at hppt://cocacop.meetup.com/2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!