Friday, August 29, 2008

I first noticed Barack Obama when David Brooks wrote about him in the New York Times in October, 2006. I posted Gary Hart's New York Times review of his book The Audacity of Hope, then bought the First Edition and read it myself. It was part of what led me to change my party affiliation and vote in the Colorado caucus as a Democrat, going to the county convention and becoming a Hillary Clinton delegate.

Being a Clinton delegate made Mary happy, since she was a strong supporter. And I could tell my GOP friends that I was part of Rush Limbaugh's operation chaos.

But now that he is the nominee, I'm not at all sure what to do. Going to several DNC events this week and watching what I thought was his very impressive acceptance speech last night has created uncertainty in me of what I'm being called to do.

I'm going to watch the GOP convention and then decide. One thing is for certain: I'm a stronger believer than ever in the power of the Colorado caucus to amplify the voice of the common person. I'll be going door to door in my neighborhood for one party or the other starting September 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!