Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Rocky Mountain Roundup yesterday on global poverty was interesting but depressing, especially the morning session.

The Denver 2008 Convention Executive Committee conducted this series of ten issue-oriented, "nonpartisan" roundtables were interesting, but in fell short of what they might have been with better leadership.

Participants in the Roundtables were drawn from the thousands of dignitaries in Denver during the convention week, from individuals across the country and the world by invitation, and from citizens in the local Denver-area community.

Democrats for Life held a very well attended town hall meeting yesterday. It wasn't reported this morning in the local Denver papers, but maybe that's not surprising given that it's not on the groups own website this morning. I was disappointed Denver's Archbishop Charles Chaput was not invited to be a panel member, since his new book Render Unto Ceasar has just come out.

Do you suppose any of the participants will join us this Sunday (Aug 31) for Denver Speakers Corner? I hope you will. The Rocky Mountain Roundup will be my topic when it's my turn on the soapbox. For more info and optional RSVP, see http://cocacop.meetup.com/2

I'll be at Socrates Cafe tonight. Do you enjoy good discussion? Then join us! A few of us started the first meeting in Denver the Friday after 9/11, and it's still going. It meets each Friday, 6 p.m. at Panera Bread, 13th and Grant.

When the Friday group resisted having any kind of agenda or format (I say their rules are harder to figure out because they pretend they have no rules)some of us in that original meeting started one on Thursday nights.

To find out more and to RSVP, see http://socratescafe.meetup.com/82.

If you have any questions, see me at the meeting tonight or contact me via email or telephone any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!