Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Breaking the habit of self-criticism can pay big dividends in mental and physical health. "The way you see yourself can be challenged and changed, and it can literally create new neural pathways in your brain," says Dr. Legato. "And as your thinking improves, your immune system improves, your digestion is better, you don't compensate by overeating or drinking, and your anxiety levels go down."

You may find you have mental and emotional energy left over for many other things -- including helping other people feel better about themselves.

Silencing the Voice that Says You're a Fraud. Wall Street Journal, June 16, 2009

I just posted this comment:

Being part of a small, confidential group with a good structure can help boost confidence in a very positive way. Young Ben Franklin started a group with his friends, they met together for over 30 years and played a key part in Franklin's life and the lives of the others in that original group. For more about how to start a similar group with your friends, see http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Franklin-Circle-Adult-Self-Directed-Learning-Group


If you'd like to discuss how you can start a Franklin Circle with your friends or to learn how to join one that I'm forming now, join us for lunch tomorrow. For details contact me at John@JohnWren.com or (303)861-1447

1 comment:

  1. I just took the test, scored a 68. That means I'm very self-critical.

    Clearly this has been, and is, a problem for me.

    Does that mean I'm a bad person? :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!