Friday, May 28, 2010

Transcript:
O'REILLY: How come you didn't turn into a Hollywood phony?
LINKLETTER: Because I was a communicator not an actor.
LINKLETTER: Who do you think has a better life, men or women?
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Women.
LINKLETTER: Why?
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Because I think men are dirty.
LINKLETTER: After 70, skiing is the perfect sport. Everything is downhill after that.
You're pretty much on your way to the top.
O'REILLY: Me? Myself?
LINKLETTER: Yes. You give the other guys a chance, and if you don't give them a chance, you say, "I'll give it to you later."
O'REILLY: And I do give it to them later, don't I?
LINKLETTER: Say "Art Linkletter" like you're mad.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Art Linkletter like you're mad.
O'REILLY: Everybody knows you. You say Art Linkletter, and they say, "Ooh." And you walk around and everybody knows you.
LINKLETTER: Keep going.
What would you do first if you were president?
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Keep my mouth shut.
LINKLETTER: I laughed at myself when I made movies. I'm out there, tied to a stake and the Indians are marching around, and I'm saying to myself, "What the hell am I doing here?"
O'REILLY: You never took it serious?
LINKLETTER: Never.
(END VIDEOTAPE)
A great guy, a patriot, loved talking to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!