Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy birthday, pop.

John E Wren, was born on this day in 1924. Cancer took him November 15, 1979. He had 4 older sisters, his dad died when he was only 8.

Before dad died I realized he'd never talked about his dad. "I guess I resented him," he told me from his final of a long series of hospital beds. "I always thought my life would have been a whole lot easier if he'd fought it a little harder."

I've always wondered since then if dad might have lived longer if he hadn't been forced as a kid to fight it quite so hard,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!