Sunday, July 21, 2013

Clear view of startup in Economist Magazine.

Great column in the new Economist (click here) about the current state of business startup. I encourage you to read it and comment on it yourself on their site and/or here, then share it with your friends.

This is my comment, posted there on the Economist just now: "Thanks very much for this refreshing, much needed wake-up call. I've been leading startup workshops for nearly 20 years, 5280 Magazine says I have "infused Denver with an entrepreneurial spirit," and for years I've encourage the formation of self-help peer advisory groups patterned after what Ben Franklin created, I think it was his best invention. Most of the information about startup is just flat out wrong. The more "help" given by the government, the fewer real businesses that actually get started. I'm stepping up my effort to attack this problem. For more see http://www.JohnWren.com"

For what I'm doing to attack the problem, starting with changes here you may have already noticed, see my previous post here ("Will Consult for Food.") that I wrote just a few minutes ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!