Socrates Cafe Online, each Tue, Fri, Sat, 1st. Sun, 6:30 pm Denver MDT (303)861-1447 Socrates Cafe Dialogue Groups: Watch1 Lead1 Start1. Meeting ID and password emailed to members 30 minutes before each meeting. For free membership write JohnScottWren@gmail.com.

Friday, August 09, 2013

Last communication about Small Business Chamber here. Maybe.

I just sent out this memo to our Small Business Chamber/ IDEA Cafe Startup Workshop Meetup.com members. In the future this type of communication about the Small Business Chamber of Commerce, Inc and  all our various activities will only be posted on http://www.SmallBizChamber.org and/or our Facebook Page http://Facebook.com/Small.Business.Chamber and/or our Google+ Page click here . (Unless you object and I suddenly realize this would be a mistake, If you see something wrong with this please let me know ASAP.)

If you didn't get the memo below directly from me via an email from Meetup.com and you'd like to next time, please become a (free) member and RSVP for an IDEA Cafe Startup Workshop or other event at at http://Meetup.com/Small-Biz-Chamber 

Questions or suggestions for me? Contact me at (303)861-1447 or John@JohnWren.com  Post comments here if you'd rather talk with all of us. Here's what I just sent out.

Friday, August 9, 2013

To:  Small Business Chamber IDEA Cafe Meetup Members
From:  John S Wren, founder & CEO, Small Business Chamber of Commerce Inc
Contact John at John@SmallBizChamber.org or (303)861-1447 To RSVP for an IDEA Cafe Startup Workshop or the new Go Group see http://Meetup.com/Small-Biz-Chamber

1.  Our weekly broadcast The Startup Show is looking for a few good guests to share their startup story. We'll be recruiting at our IDEA Cafe Startup Workshops, there is an online meeting each Tuesday afternoon. For more see The Startup Show Facebook Page http://Facebook.com/SmallBizStartup

2.  Free IDEA Cafe Startup Workshops are in Boulder this morning (thanks Toby and Steve) and in Denver, which I'll be leading myself today. I also lead an online IDEA Cafe each Tuesday afternoon. If you want to start a new IDEA Cafe Startup Workshop in cooperation with your local chamber or other group, I'll help you. Let me know if you are interested and I'll invite you to the next organizers meeting.

3.  New Go Groups are like Franklin Circles on steroids, they are for people who are serious about getting started. I personally interview those who participate, I'd love to talk with you about it. We've set a group up here on Meetup.com (it's at the bottom of the scheduled events, no date), we ask you to RSVP and to pay in advance, we only want people who are serious. Scholarships are available, and I'm looking for a couple of Go Group leaders. Call me with any questions. (303)861-1447, call me any time, I try to pick up the phone right away 9:30 to 11 Monday thru Friday and I'll be picking up tomorrow morning (Saturday, August 10.)

4.  I've made a media release about what we are doing that asks for help. I'll be posting it on www.JohnWren.com later today, that's where I'm asking people to go who would like to make an online contribution for a Go Group scholarship or who would like to help me get our various activities transformed into a real, functioning non-profit. Again, call me if you have any questions. (303)861-1447.

Thanks to Russell, John, Toby, Steve, Don, Bill and all the others who have been helping with this recently, and to all those who have helped over the past nearly 20 years to get us to this point, again Bill, last year Sharon, Richard, Ken, Paul, Fran, Marilyn, Karl, Eustace, Tom, earlier David, Bill, Doug, Barbara, Polly, Dennis, John, and all the rest.

Our mission is to strengthen the grassroots in business and politics by helping people get a good start with a new career, a new business or a pivot with a new project or campaign.

If we are successful at an IDEA Cafe Startup Workshop, those who are attending are too busy to come back the next week. But hopefully they will join one of the Go Groups we are forming and/or they will join or start a Franklin Circle. If this spreads as we expect it to over the next few months, we believe it will help bring about a dramatic drop in the unemployment rate.  Will you help us? Again?


No RSVP is required, but it saves you a seat until the start of the meeting, which is sometimes very helpful. To save a seat for one of today's IDEA Cafes, or for next Tuesday's online meeting (limited to 7 who want to have a seat at the online virtual roundtable, but unlimited for those who want to just watch) to to http://Meetup.com/Small-Biz-Chamber PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED, OK? AN EASY WAY IS TO JUST FORWARD THIS EMAIL ALONG WITH YOUR NOTE. SEND IT TO THOSE WHO MIGHT NEED HELP, AND TO THOSE WHO MIGHT BE WILLING TO HELP US, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO MIGHT CONTRIBUTE TO THE SCHOLARSHIP FUND FOR THE GO GROUPS. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!