Thursday, March 27, 2014

Wren College?

Requesting a review copy of a new psychology book that looks like it might be a good catalyst for a new self-directed learning group I plan on forming, an idea.

A-ha!

Rather than holding myself out as Small Business Chamber of Commerce, why not form Wren College.

I don't think local chambers ever quite believe me when I say we want to cooperate with them, but they do that all the time with institutions of higher education.

One of my Facebook friends is one of the biggest critics in the country of colleges and universities, they've just become diploma mills, she writes.

I'm going to ask her about the idea, but what do you think?

We'd hold a weekly MOOC for people who want to start a new group, just like I do now. People could form their own group for free, as always, but if they want to be part of the faculty of Wren College, they first have to complete a course of study in adult self-directed learning. Same for students, could continue to be free, unless they want us to issue a certificate of completion documenting what had been learned.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!