Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Rule #11: Know when to walk away, know when to run.

John S Wren’s Rules for Family & Neighbors, Work & Citizenship.
DRAFT -- 10/7/14
1.       Recovery (body, mind, spirit) first: Thinking is a wonderful tool, a terrible master.
2.      Love (do HP’s will) God and love (help) my neighbors. Don’t love any rules or plan.
3.      Be hard on myself, watch for dishonesty, selfishness, self-centeredness, and fear.
4.      No resentments: Be gentle and forgiving of others, give them the benefit of the doubt.
5.      Examine/ 11th step 2x/ day: Pause, connect, be grateful, correct, ask for help.
6.      Simple plan: What does HP want me to be, what am I called to do next?
7.      Start now. Tomorrow morning start again. Persistence is actually repeated starts.
8.      Be a life-long learner: Watch one, do one, teach one, then write about it.
9.      PERMA Metrics 0 to 5: Positive, Engaged, Relationships, Meaning, and Accomplished.
10  Don't have a group meeting when we can talk 1 to 1. Don't call when I can be there. Don't write when I can call. Don't post comment when I can write message.

 (Inspired by Investor Business Daily’s 10 Secrets to Success: 1) How you think is everything; 2) Decide upon your true dreams and goals; 3) Take action; 4) Never stop learning; 5) Be persistent and work hard; 6) Learn to analyze details; 7) Focus your time and money; 8) Don’t be afraid to innovate; be different; 9) Deal and communicate with people effectively; 10) Be honest and dependable; Take responsibility.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!