Saturday, April 17, 2010

I just sent out this media release:

((Please share this with whoever might find it interesting.
Thanks. John))

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 17, 2010

Contact:  John Wren (720)495-4949

JOHN WREN ON WHY HE DIDN’T ATTEND THE APRIL 15 TEA PARTY RALLY

DENVER__John Wren was just challenged by one of his Facebook friends because he didn’t attend the Tea Party rally here in Denver April 15. This is Wren’s answer to that friend on Facebook, see the entire exchange at  http://www.facebook.com/john.s.wren?v=wall&story_fbid=436350448781

Lawrence, every candidate who runs on the Tea Party platform outside the two parties will play a spoiler role. That's my point. Seems exceptionally stupid to me.

Take who I understand was the MC of the event, Rob McNeally. I've known Rob for a long time and for the most part I like his spirit. If he ran against Mike Coffman in a primary, OK. If I were in the district I'd vote for Mike who has done a good job in my opinion, but it would be Rob's right as a Republican to run in the primary if he really doesn't agree with Mike on some issue. But Rob is running on the "Tea Party" platform, as you well know. Rob has NO chance of winning, but there is a very good chance he will take enough votes from Mike to give the race to who I would imagine most of the Exceptional Americans who were gathered at his feet there on the West steps of the Colorado Capitol would least like to be elected.

This will happen all across the country, it looks like. Who do you think would be funding and encouraging this kind of effort? Have you read C.S. Lewis's The Screw Tape Letters?

 That's why I say people who truly want to make a difference will affiliate now as a Republican or Democrat, run in 2012 in the primary. It's not the immediate gratification of calling another rally, but it's the way our system works. The founders had great fear of the mob. Seems to me the Tea Party is becoming part of that mob.

By the way, there seems to be some question as to whether I'm a conservative. Yes, for one election cycle I was registered as a Republican. But I made it clear that I was a conservative. I was elected to the Denver executive committee and the state executive committee, and I consistently spoke out on issues. Anyone who says otherwise is either uninformed, mislead, or a liar.

Right now I'm unaffiliated. When I'm registered as a Republican, conservative Democrats don't trust me (yes, there are conservative Democrats) and when I'm registered as a Democrat my GOP friends don't trust me. To me the most important thing right now is to encourage more participation in the Colorado Caucuses, some I'm testing out Unaffiliated. Seems there are some who don't like me no matter how I'm registered, I guess they just don't like me. :)

John Wren www.JohnWren.com is a business consultant and adult educator, and he was one of the founders of “Save the Caucus” which defeated the 2002 initiative Amendment 29 which would have killed the Colorado caucus-assembly system for nominating to the primary ballot. Wren is currently is registered to vote in Colorado unaffiliated with a political party. For the last two years Wren has been registered to vote as a Democrat, and he was elected to serve as precinct committee person, Denver House District 5 finance chair, and to the Denver and Colorado Executive Committees as a Democrat. He was on the board of Colorado Democrats for Life. He was a candidate for the vacancy committee election for Colorado Senate District 31 when Jennifer Veiga resigned, and he mounted a last minute primary campaign against House District 5 Representative Joel Judd at the assembly and managed to get a candidate on the ballot. Previous to 2006 Wren had been registered as a Republican, where he had been a party leader and candidate. Contact him at John@JohnWren.com or (303)861-1447

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!