Tuesday, February 09, 2016

A Foot in the RiverA Foot in the River by Felipe Fernández-Armesto

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Professor at Notre Dame, advisor to the Vatican makes the case for the power of positive thinking, that our lives and our culture change because of the real power of human imagination.

Big insight is that it's a big, big mistake to assume that change in human lives and in human culture is evolutionary, that good ideas defeat bad ideas automatically, with no human decision. Imagination without discernment is not necessarily leading us towards a better world.

The currently popular concept "memes" is a term to look up in the index and to read about first, profound insight with an argument that seems indisputable to me. I'd very much like your opinion about what he says about memes and the idea that real human change is beyond physical evolution.

John Wren

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!