Sunday, September 07, 2008

Happy Grandparent’s Day!

I’m the grandfather of 4 now, up from just 1 this time last year! My oldest daughter Regan and Tim here in Denver just adopted their 2nd this time a beautiful girl, and daughter Brooke and Ned in Houston had twin boys in March.

I never knew my grandfathers, they both died before I was born. But my pop’s mother, my Mamaw, and my mom’s mother, my MyrnaMom and my step-grandfather Daddy Mack, all in Amarillo, Texas, were big influences on my life for which I’m very grateful.

Where 2 or 3 are gathered…

The Denver Post today has an editorial about the election that is only 8 weeks away.
http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_10384067

I posted this comment:

Would you like to join the live debate?

Then I hope you'll join us this afternoon or any Sunday afternoon for Denver Speakers Corner. Take a turn on the soapbox or just listen in as others share their passion about issues, causes, concerns, and candidates.

Denver Speakers Corner, each Sunday, 4 p.m., Denver Civic Center, under the pavilion on Colfax, across Colfax from the Denver Newspaper Agency. More info and optional RSVP at http://cocacop.meetup.com/2


---------------------------

Join us for the Denver IDEA Café, each Friday, 2 to 3:30 pm at Panera Bread, 13th & Grant St. in Denver. Free and open to all. More info at www.JohnWren.com or call (303)861-1447. Speakers next Friday (Sept 12) Ian Kernan www.IanKernan.com and Gretchen Bryant www.SpeakUpPress.org.

Since 1994, we invite successful entrepreneurs to share their experience and we brainstorm.

SORRY, NO MULTILEVELS. If the only reason you want to attend IDEA Cafe meetings is to recruit for your multilevel (or other) sales organization, or to find customers, please don't. That really takes away from our mission, to try and help people find their own unique calling. Yes, I know that maybe joining your sales organization is what some people are being called to do, but they are not the kind of people we are trying to help with this group. We are trying to help the person who wants to make their own unique vision a reality, please respect this purpose.

Here are recent comments about the IDEA Café:

Every Friday for the last 10 years, local business consultant John Wren has infused the city with entrepreneurial spirit by hosting Idea Cafe, a conversation group for anyone starting a new career, business, or campaign. 5280 Magazine

“ It is an opportunity for people to get ideas about something they might be stuck on relating to their business and if others can put in constructive criticism you can possibly come to a solution and get un-stuck. ” — Alicia Persich (Jun 16, 2008)

“ If you don't know what your going to do next, do this! ” — brent (May 23, 2008)

“ Other people should join if they have an interest in hearing entrepreneurial stories and in brainstorming - for themselves or other people in the group. I received great brainstorming assistance today! ” — Mike Kraft (May 2, 2008)

“ Motivation to get your business going, lots of ideas for your key problem area you need to address, meeting like minded people going through the same start up or growing pains you are experiencing. ” — Davyd Smith (Apr 19, 2008)

------------------------

Finally, I’m forming a new, and final, Franklin Circle here in Denver. It will be comprised of people who want to help strengthen the grassroots here in Denver with the free, open forums of Denver Speakers Corner and the IDEA Café. We’ll meet once a month for the mutual support of these two projects, and to help provide peer support for each other in our business and political ventures. If you’d like more information, contact me at John@JohnWren.com or (303)861-1447.

Let’s get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!