Thursday, June 07, 2012


I found out yesterday that all the yearbooks for Cornell College are now available on line. I posted the pages with the group pictures of our football and wrestling team on my Facebook wall, you can see me in my former glory at http://Facebook.com/John.S.Wren. If we aren’t already Facebook friends, send me an invitation, OK?

Last gasp? Have you noticed how many ads there are in magazines and newspapers for wrist watches? Breitling had a full page ad in today’s Wall Street Journal. Seems to me I’m not the only one who has given up wearing one, who needs to when the precise time is on my cell phone which is always with me.

It’s rumored that the USPatent Office (click here)  may open a branch in Denver. It would bring about 1000 jobs and a $440 million local budget. Look for an announcement just before elections since Colorado is a swing state.

Want to be famous? Hyperlocal newspapers are hot. Denver Post’s YourHub zone edition is holding meetings around town. Meet with Ryan Parker at Panera Bread, 640 S. Colorado Blvd. one Tuesday soon at his weekly meeting. Or contact him with your Denver story idea at rparker@denverpost.com, (303)954-2409, or Twitter.com/yhRyan.  For an inside look at hyperlocal publishing see www.StreetFightMag.com whose cofounder Laura Rich was with us not long ago at our Denver IDEA Café Startup Workshop.

If you care about mass transit in metro-Denver, attend one of the RTD public hearings. I’m going to attend Wednesday, June 13 in the RTD Administrative Offices, 1600 Blake Street. For details and other meeting locations see rtd-denver.com. Can attend? Email your comments to servicechanges@rtd-denver.com

Want something different for lunch on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday? Food trucks are back in CivicCenter (click here.)

Big ad for the BoulderJewish Festival (click here)  in the Denver Post today. Houston has a Palestinian Festival (click here), is anything like that being planned in Colorado?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!