Find Your Star:
1. Bring to mind an emotional narrative.
One of your dreams or daydreams.
Some fable, parable, movie, book or news story.
Inspirational Podcast such as www.Pray-As-You-Go.org
A story you told, heard or make-up on the spot.
2. Associate with narrative, pools of themes/triggers emerge.
4. Associate with a strong theme and a strong trigger.
5. Allow a surprising insight to emerge
6. Validate the surprising insight:
a. Make up a story/ daydream.
b. If joyful, take as validation of insight. (consolation.)
c. If negative (desolation), repeat process from #1.
7. Follow your star, your 6.b. validated insight.
For more about Lectio-Divina and Self-Processing see: L. William Countryman, The Mystical Way in the Fourth Gospel. Robert Langs, Empowered Psychotherapy—Teaching Self Processing; The Daydream Workbook; and Fundamentals of Adaptive Psychotherapy and Counseling. Richard Rohr, Breathing Underwater. Ben Franklin, Autobiography. Leo Damrosch, The Club— Johnson, Boswell, and the Friends Who Shaped an Age. And the week 5 New Beginnings Meditation on www.Pray-As-You-Go.org