Tuesday, February 22, 2022

WSJ, for better or worse, inspired me to start writing a book.

 When the Wall Street Journal decided it didn't want to hear my ideas about podcasts after I'd listened to their new one as they requested, this is what I started, to be called "Who is John Wren," inspired by the husband of my mother's cousin "Curly" who put out large ashtrays in public places like the airport with "Who is Leo 'Curly' Smith," in large letters with his phone number. 

This is what I just wrote, 

Who is John S. Wren?


John S Wren, often starts, never finished, I urge others to "Just Start" too, (see HBR Press), first father and friend, friend, fan of: Socrates, Jesus Christ, Ben Franklin, Malcolm Knowles, Fag Foster, and Janet Wren. Founder SBCC, IDEA Cafe. Go!

This morning the Wall Street Journal asked for my opinion about their new podcasts, ok said I, found the Larry Summers interview, who said exactly Fag Foster, who taught at the University of Denver, who left us his class notes and publications online, he says, to take in financial forecasts first, funnier than the funnies, always say the same thing: "The economy may go down, it may go up, or it may stay about the same" and it's funny because they have to come up with a new way to say it every day!

After the 30 minute podcast ended, on to www.WSJ.com/survey as instructed, and up popped the first question, "tell us something about yourself, which I did, it disappeared, and they asked again, "tell us something about yourself," which I did again, but this time copying the words, which you see above, the process then repeated once more, resulting in:


Who is John S Wren? Oldest of 3, fan of few, friend of many, responded to a Southern Baptist alter call when 9, father of son who did the same, 3 daughters, grandfather of 5, founder  SBCC, IDEA Cafe, Socrates Cafe Society., 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!