Thursday, September 28, 2006

I've given lots of thought to the idea of this blog, and blogs in general. Thanks to all of you who took the time to send me an email and to post your comments here.

Here is what I've decided:

1) I'm going to continue to use this as a place to post information I find interesting and useful, for example the Forbes survey of successful entrepreneurs, below.

2) As far as my personal reflections and original writing, I'm going to keep that to short comments on the daily posts and a monthly summary that I'll combine with my monthly When & Where in Denver email. Once a month is all I have time to write, and it is probably more than most want to hear from me.

Denver When and Where will come out the Monday following the last Saturday of each month, which should give me enough time to write something you will find worth the investment of your reading time. Watch for it next Monday.

In the meantime, here is a facinating article from today's online edition of Forbes:

Fourteen self-made members of the vaunted Forbes 400 shared candid, contrarian and even comedic answers to 20 thoughtful questions--ranging from what they eat for breakfast and how they pray to the importance (or lack thereof) of getting an M.B.A. and what advice they would give aspiring entrepreneurs. You can search the list two ways: Read each titan's responses to all 20 questions--or peruse the entire group's answers to each of the 10 most thought-provoking ones. (We will add more names to this list in coming months.)

http://www.forbes.com/entrepreneurs/2006/09/20/ent-manage_biz_06rich400_self_made_entrepreneurs_lander.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!