Saturday, July 28, 2007

Mary and I saw the opening of Barefoot in the Park last night at the Victorian Theatre in North Denver. www.DenverWhenWhere.com. Near the end of the play, after the new husband has stormed out of the apartment, the mother gives advice to her newly wed daughter when she asks,

I don't know what he wants.
I don't know how to make him happy.
What am I going to do, Mother?

That's the first time you've asked my advice
since you were 10.
It's really very simple.
All you have to do
is give up a little bit of you for him.
Don't make everything a game,
just late at night in that little room upstairs,
take care of him.
Make him feel...
important.
If you can do that,
you'll have a happy and wonderful marriage,
like 2 out of every 10 couples.
You'll be one of the two, baby.
Now get out of here and go find him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!