Socrates Cafe Online, each Tue, Fri, Sat, 1st. Sun, 6:30 pm Denver MDT (303)861-1447 Socrates Cafe Dialogue Groups: Watch1 Lead1 Start1. Meeting ID and password emailed to members 30 minutes before each meeting. For free membership write JohnScottWren@gmail.com.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Did you notice the new feature on this site? Just input your email address to the left and I'll send you an email each time I post something here.

I just sent out this email to my list of a few thousand friends. I'll post the highlights of their (and your) feedback to me the first of next week:

ps We have a GREAT speaker at the Denver IDEA Café this afternoon (Fri, May 27), details are on the link at http://Facebook.com/Small.Business.Chamber


Dear friend (if you aren’t, sorry! Let me know, I’ll take you off this list),


I’m making a few changes, thought you’d be interested.


First, I’m about to announce my involvement in a new online publication. It will change the way you and I communicate in several ways. You’ll understand when I email you the announcement next week, if everything goes as planned.


Second, in anticipation of the new online publication, I’m making a couple of immediate changes in the way I communicate with you. Your feedback on these changes would be very helpful. Whether you like the changes or see where I’m off base, please send me your email ASAP. Unless you ask me to keep what you share with me confidential, I’ll post highlights from your comments the first of next week on JohnWren.com. Here are the changes, what do you think?


1) I’m going to rely more and more on Facebook to communicate with you. Looks to me like it will eventually eliminate most email for most of us. If you and I aren’t Facebook friends yet, please invite me, OK? I post there several times each day. http://Facebook.com/John.S.Wren


2) I’m going to start posting more often on my blog, sharing useful information with you in an interesting way. The focus will be on my personal and business life. If you want, I’ll email you each time I post something there. See http://www.JohnWren.com


3) Everything having to do with your new, free Small Business Chamber of Commerce, our IDEA Café Startup Workshops, our Franklin Circle Peer Advisory Groups, and our monthly Big Event, will be posted on http://SmallBusinessChamberOfCommerce.blogspot.com Again, if you want an email when something new is posted there, let me know on the site the next time you visit there.


An impersonal “blast” email like this will go out only once a month or so, and if you’d rather not receive these at all, you’d be doing us both a favor my letting me know now. Just return this with “cancel” and I’ll take you off the list.


How does this compare with how you are thinking about communications with people you care about using the Internet? Again, I’m very interested in your comments. I’ll post highlights on JohnWren.com in the next few days unless you ask me to keep what you say confidential.


Also, how do you like my idea of putting the ps, the part of the letter most people read first in snail mail, at the top of this email?


Finally, please let me know if you’d like to discuss how I may be of service to you. All of the work I do is strictly confidential; no one will know we are working together unless you tell them. For more about how I can help you, see www.JohnWren.com, then give me a phone call.


Sincerely,


John


John S. Wren, MBA+
www.JohnWren.com
Start now!
Founder, Your New, Free Small Business Chamber of Commerce
http://Facebook.com/Small.Business.Chamber
(303)861-1447 cell (720)495-4949
JohnSWren@aol.com or John@JohnWren.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!