Socrates Cafe Online, each Tue, Fri, Sat, 1st. Sun, 6:30 pm Denver MDT (303)861-1447 Socrates Cafe Dialogue Groups: Watch1 Lead1 Start1. Meeting ID and password emailed to members 30 minutes before each meeting. For free membership write JohnScottWren@gmail.com.

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Do you know a good online speaker? (Is it you?)

Online w/ John Wren. www.JohnWren.com
Call (303)861-1447 
 Would you help me? I need a good speaker at least 3 or 4 times each week, here's what I'm asking for...

 ... from you (or from your friend if you forward this, be sure to cc: me, I'll follow up. your friend will thank you, so will I):


What is something you are an expert in, some topic of general interest? An example might be something like "The philosophy of writing well," would be a good example if you are a journalist or novelist or an English teacher. If so, would you be willing to share what you know and at the same time learn more yourself by being our lead share at an Online Socrates Cafe?  An informal short talk to focus on one aspect of the question and maybe define a term or two, usually works best. Call me for more info, or just rsvp for the date that will work best for you, then come early and volunteer. We need someone for this Tuesday (day after tomorrow) to check other dates open on our calendar and rsvp See www.Meetup.com/Socrates-Cafe-Society John Wren (303)861-1447

1 comment:

  1. Some one asked me why I was doing this. It's because I think we could restore the good-hearted, informed participation of the true grassroots if there was a Socrates Cafe in every library. Attend one. Lead one. Then start one. How? #1 read Chris Phillips book "Socrates Cafe. Then if you want help, call me! John Wren www.JohnWren.com (303)861-1447

    ReplyDelete

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!