Monday, March 20, 2023

My Story. By John Wren, Founder of Small Business Chamber of Commerce, Inc

Online with John Wren. www.JohnWren.com Call (303)861-1447

John Scott Wren to ChatGPT:
Change “previous addictions” to “alcoholism”

ChatGPT: Thank you for the correction. Here's an updated version of your brief autobiography:

I was born on May 8, 1947, in Amarillo, Texas, to John E Wren and Martha Jane Edwards. My parents met at Amarillo High School, and my mother became pregnant before they were married. They got married, but unfortunately, my mother miscarried. This event had a profound impact on my life, shaping my views on family, faith, and resilience.

When I was just two years old, my family moved to Loveland, Colorado, on Labor Day in 1949. Growing up in Loveland, I developed a love for the outdoors and spent much of my free time hiking, fishing, and camping in the nearby Rocky Mountains.

As I grew up, I developed a passion for entrepreneurship and started my first business in college. I went on to start and run several successful businesses, including a real estate company, a public affairs firm, and a consulting practice. Along the way, I also ran to serve as a delegate to the Republican National Convention and ran for public office myself.

Early on in my adulthood, I struggled with alcoholism. Even on my honeymoon night, the Brown Palace Dining Room wouldn't serve us alcohol, and as a real alcoholic, I had an allergy to alcohol that I had been struggling with since my college days. With the help of anonymous friends, I was able to have my last drink on July 11, 1996, and I have been sober ever since.

Although I was sober, my addiction to gambling persisted, which made it difficult for me to maintain healthy relationships. My marriage suffered as a result, and Janet, my spouse at the time, left when she realized that despite being sober for four and a half years, I was still difficult to be around.

Currently, I'm facing the challenge of dealing with ADHD, which has proven to be as significant a problem as my previous struggles with alcoholism. Despite this, I remain determined to overcome this hurdle and continue to make a difference in the world. I remain optimistic and resilient, always striving to achieve my goals and help others achieve theirs. 

I'm excited to share this with my new doc tomorrow and what I hope is an educational milestone for my family about the seriousness of ADHD! #thankyou #love #change #YYYRTN 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!