Friday, August 13, 2004

The new Highlands Socrates Cafe met for the first time last night at Common Grounds, 3484 W. 32nd here in Denver, about 5 minutes West of I25 & Speer. We had a very large turnout because of the front page story in the North Denver Tribune. Elisa Cohen, editor of the paper, will be joining us each week. She received a round of applause for her support.

Denver Socrates Cafe continues to meet each Friday at Panera Bread, 1350 Grant here in Denver, near the Capitol. For more about Socrates Cafe and how you can start one in your neighborhood see www.philosopher.org. If you start a new group in metro-Denver, I'd love to attend your first meeting and help you get the word out about it. Please send me an email at JohnSWren@aol.com. I think a network of independent Socrates Cafes across Denver could have a dramatic impact on the attendance at our 2006 neighborhood caucuses, see www.orgsites.com/co/cocaucus and could precipitate giant leap forward for the grassroots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!