Sunday, March 30, 2008

"How much sadness there is in life, the right thing is to work." Vincent Van Gogh (1853-1890) who was born today. Later, just before he committed suicide, he said, "I feel a failure."

“When I have Republican friends (in Denver) say to me, we’re splitting town (during the Democratic convention), I say, ‘Why would you do that?’ This is going to be the greatest sideshow in the history of Colorado.” Dick Wadhams, Chair, Colorado Republican Party.


Bruce Benson, our newly appointed University of Colorado President, has scored his first victory, a new tax earmarked for CU Denver and the other Auraria schools.

Have a problem? Benson’s answer seems to always be, get a bigger hammer. (A thru I, Ref. C & D, etc. and the other special taxes Benson has pushed.)

Maybe “hammer tax” would be a good name for these special taxes, these end runs around the annual oversight of our elected representatives through the budgeting process, that Benson and Mayor J.Hic are so good at creating.

I wonder if “hammer tax” could ever make it into the dictionary? Probably not, since “seat tax” is not there yet.

Much thanks to my friend Larry, who just gave me this logo to use for my IDEA Café, isn’t it great? I’m going to post it here and on http://ideacafe.meetup.com, and use it in other ways. Larry’s a very accomplished fine artist, and he also does commercial graphic art. He recently illustrated a childrens book for Kansas University, which I’m hoping that he’ll bring to the IDEA Café next Friday, and then to the Denver Grassroots Rally later that same day. See more about Larry, the work he has done, and how he might be able to help you at http://www.larryleroypearson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!