Tuesday, March 25, 2008

“The meaning of the redemption is that we do not have to be our history… I’m not a mystic… All I have is a talent and the time to cultivate it.” Mary Flannery O'Connor, who was born today (March 25, 1925 – August 3, 1964.) Flannery was a devout Catholic, an American novelist, short-story writer and essayist... She once described herself as a "pigeon-toed only child with a receding chin and a you-leave-me-alone-or-I'll-bite-you complex." Her texts often take place in the South and revolve around morally flawed characters, while the issue of race looms in the background. One of her trademarks is unsubtle foreshadowing, giving a reader an idea of what will happen far before it happens. Finally, she brands each work with a disturbing and ironic conclusion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flannery_O%27Connor

I sent out this email this morning:

To: Former GOP National Committee Woman JoAnne & Dan Gray
cc: Jody Strogoff, Statesman Newspaper and Dan Elliott, Associated Press.
bcc: other people interested in the Colorado Caucus.

((WOULD YOU PLEASE: 1) FORWARD THIS ALONG TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO
MIGHT LIKE TO JOIN US 4/4; AND 2) IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO COULD
USE MY SERVICES (HAVE TELEPHONE & EMAIL, WILL TRAVEL) LET
ME KNOW OR FORWARD THIS TO THEM, OK? THANKS. JOHN)

Topic: Last meeting next Friday (Apr 4) of what started as Save the Caucus?

Hi JoAnne & Dan,

Went to Denver Dem platform committee meeting last night.
David Fogel & I were able to kill a resolution that the caucus
be dropped in favor of a presidential primary. There was broad,
enthusiastic support, including a round of applause for the caucus!

Are you delegates to State GOP? I wonder if there is anything
in their proposed platform about the caucus?

Miss seeing you two, one of the worst aspects of my party
change to Dems. So far doesn't seem to be a need to reconvene the
Save the Caucus bunch, the little that a couple of us are doing
with paper clips and rubber bands seems to be enough! My
appearance at hearing on HR1006 on the Secretary of State Association
plan for a rotating date was enough to get it amended to clearly include
the fact that the Colorado date be a caucus. Much thanks to
Rep. Jeanne Labuda for her help!

Would be good to get a group going to do for the Colorado Caucus
what Iowa has done for theirs, in my opinion, but I've tried for
the last few years and it doesn't seem to stir anyone's blood but mine.
It's a lesson in humility: I don't know as much about startup as I thought!

Maybe it would happen if I'd just get out of the way. Maybe it's not
the idea but the originator that is the problem. April 4 may be the last
meeting of what started in your living room and became Save the Caucus,
or just the end of my involvement if someone else would like to carry forward
with a group that would support the 2010 Colorado Caucus, setting the stage
for a 2012 Colorado Caucus with national attention similar to Iowa's.

Could you two say a few words? 4/4 at 4 p.m., Panera Bread. I'll invite
Jody from the Statesman, maybe she could use it as a hook for running
the interview with you which I don't think has appeared yet. More info and
optional RSVP at http://cocacop.meetup.com/2 or call me.

Now I need to get serious about earning a living from my adult education activities as an entrepreneur, or maybe it's time I just get a job. Does anyone need a lobbyist for the grassroots?

Or maybe I'll take advantage of Denver's services to the homeless. I may end up
being a support of Mayor J.Hic after all!


John

John S. Wren, MBA+
This life is short, let's get started!
Franklin Circles
Business Peer Advisory Groups, Since 1727
www.JohnWren.com(303)861-1447
My Linked In Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnwren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!