Socrates Cafe Online, each Tue, Fri, Sat, 1st. Sun, 6:30 pm Denver MDT (303)861-1447 Socrates Cafe Dialogue Groups: Watch1 Lead1 Start1. Meeting ID and password emailed to members 30 minutes before each meeting. For free membership write JohnScottWren@gmail.com.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Don’t let daily obstacles block long-term success.
From The Ft. Worth Business Press:

When small business owners get consumed with the daily, urgent needs of running the business they don’t see the obstacles ahead of them.

So how can an owner focus on business and keep an eye out for things that may affect the business? Very simply, join a peer board for small business owners.


Keeping competitors out of peer advisory groups is important, that's what I've always done with the Franklin Circles I've formed here in Denver since 1996. But now I'm trying something different, a group of public accountants. We are having a luncheon meeting this Thursday to introduce the concept, if you know anyone who'd like an invitation email me his or her name and phone number. John@JohnWren.com

The new Denver CPA Peer Advisory Group will do two things: 1) Help each accountant improve his practice management skills; and 2) Act as an alternative to the Small Business Administration. If you are a business owner and would like help from the group, email me at John@JohnWren.com and I'll connect you with the accountant who is most familiar with your industry. I'll also talk with you about how starting or joining a Franklin Circle can help you start your new business or take your existing business to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!