Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I just got this email from my friend Scott Heiferman. Scott is the founder of Meetup.com, we've had lunch here in Denver a couple of times:


Gotta share this inspiring Meetup news -- I was invited to visit the White House and met President Obama a few days ago.

Maybe you'll be inspired hearing what it was about...

The President gave a speech about the importance of "community solutions" --- and I was invited to be there because so many of your Meetups are examples of people coming together to solve problems -- big and small.

Here's a 2-minute (sort of covert) video I made for you while I was there!

http://meetupblog.meetup.com/2009/07/white-house.html


The President said "the best solutions don't come from the top-down... Solutions to America's challenges are being developed every day at the grassroots." And when he said that, I thought of you -- almost 50,000 Meetup Organizers, with millions of people in your Meetup Groups -- creating real communities and solving real problems in people's lives.

Sometimes it's hard being a Meetup Organizer. But it's worth it when you think of the enormous potential of your Meetups -- and the Meetup Groups yet to be started. What's possible for the future of your Meetup?

Scott

--Scott Heiferman
Meetup Co-Founder & Chief Organizer

PS. If you use Twitter, follow @Meetup!


I've started following Scott on Twitter, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!