Saturday, May 15, 2010

My friend George Parker who passed on last year would have been 87 years old tomorrow. I'll never forget seeing George for the first time, walking on a blazing hot day from the light rail station over to the outdoor pavilion at the Pepsi Center where the GOP state convention was being held in 2004.

I'd corresponded with George via email after reading something about him online. We got to know each other, and he was very encouraging to me in my efforts to get more people involved in politics. He often said that he'd much rather someone be an active Democrat than a Republican who just watched from the sidelines or worse yet who was unaffiliated and totally disengaged.

Happy birthday, George. Thanks for the inspiration you were and are to me and so many people.  

Interesting photo essay about George's life: http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2009/05/28/photo-gallery-former-statesman-george-parker-dies-86/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!