Saturday, September 21, 2013

We are taken, blessed, broken and given.

Pope Francis and I both shared with the world about our calls last Thursday. His interview got a lot more attention, of course, than my media release (see below), but seems to me the the Pope and I are working toward's the same end, taking God's love into every neighborhood, worldwide.

Here's is what Pope Francis said about the Church as field hospital:
“I see clearly,” the pope continues, “that the thing the church needs most today is the ability to heal wounds and to warm the hearts of the faithful; it needs nearness, proximity. I see the church as a field hospital after battle. It is useless to ask a seriously injured person if he has high cholesterol and about the level of his blood sugars! You have to heal his wounds. Then we can talk about everything else. Heal the wounds, heal the wounds.... And you have to start from the ground up."  From http://www.americamagazine.org/content/good-word/popes-interview-and-bible


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!