Socrates Cafe Online, each Tue, Fri, Sat, 1st. Sun, 6:30 pm Denver MDT (303)861-1447 Socrates Cafe Dialogue Groups: Watch1 Lead1 Start1. Meeting ID and password emailed to members 30 minutes before each meeting. For free membership write JohnScottWren@gmail.com.

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

NOW and think, plan compared to ETERNAL, pray, start

What I want when in what some call "a fit spiritual condition" is one thing, it's something else when that want of mine is driven by gluttoney, just to name one of my unfit spiritual conditions that visits me each evening with thoughts of a snack.

So Just do it! can be for the better or for the worse. When I give in to the gluttoney in the evening, eating yet another candy bar is the result.

What's true for me as an individual seems to possibly be true for the world, at least here in the U.S.A., might be interesting to take a look at the nGram analysis, how often a word is used in comparison to all other word in the extensive Google Books library, shows we much prefer to write about:

NOW, think, plan   (at least for me, an unfit spiritual condition), not so much about

ETERNAL, pray, start (what I take as being in a fit spiritual condition.)

Here's an nGram analysis of how often these words have been used in U.S.A.:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!