Sunday, June 14, 2020

Five years out, one day at a time.

Add caption
Pop and every successful business owner I've ever known have big, big dreams and absolutely no written plan except what they may be forced to write for one reason or another.

After we sold Western Merchants to NMS Industries Pop went to a meeting of all the owner CEOs that NMS had bought to learn about the 5 year plans NMS was requiring them all to write.

As they walked out for lunch the owner CEO who had sat next to dad whispered to him, "they want me to tell them what's going to happen in 5 years? I hate to tell them this, but I have no idea what is going to happen next week!"

My dream for 5 years out? A healthy small group in every neighborhood, doing a plan for the day each morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!