Thursday, June 04, 2020

Startups Try Harder.

I wrote this as a staff member of the' 65 Denver Thomas Jefferson High School yearbook, 5 years before Robert Townsend wrote the best selling "Up the Organization" about learning in 2nd place. "We try harder" is how CEO Townsend put it in the headlines of the ads for his #2 Avis (Hertz was #1 in market share.)

But throws fall short,
And scores come too late,
All teams can't finish first.
Learning is second place.

From TJ Yearbook, thanks Classmates.com

For more about my thinking about startup see my "Daring Mighty Things." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!