Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Socrates Cafe, a fun way for all ages to learn. Come think with us.

Each week I facilitate 3 meetings of Socrates Cafe. For now, we are meeting online. They are free and open to everyone.

I organized and facilitated the first Socrates Cafe here in Denver over 20 years ago and I've been helping start new meetings ever since.

There are 3 Socrates Cafes I go to for my own benefit each week. I'm interested in them because 1) they are fun, and 2) they give me a chance to practice my critical thinking, my listening skills, and my ability to express myself.

Recent research shows Socrates Cafes are a good way for the generations to spend an hour together in a way that includes everyone, more and more nursing homes and rehab facilities are scheduling meetings for clients and encouraging clients to organize a session with family and friends.

If you'd like to know more about Socrates Cafes I suggest you attend one now while they are online. You might also find it helpful to read Chris Phillip's book "Socrates Cafe."

Here are the 3 meetings I'm usually leading right now each week here in Denver that are for now meeting online, click for more information and to rsvp:

Tuesdays, Denver Trinity Church
Fridays, LoDo Denver
Saturdays, University of Denver

1 comment:

  1. Remember Flash Mobs? I just had an idea. I'm going to try a Flash Mob Online Socrates Cafe. If you want an invitation whenever we decide to hold it call and tell me your phone number, I'm going to do a mass telephone call and post on Facebook and Twitter. Call me 24/7 on my hotline (303)861-1447

    ReplyDelete

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!