Thursday, June 24, 2004

In case you missed it, here is the newsrelease announcing my candidacy for District 5, updated with this new Wren's Journal address:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 3, 2004

Contact: John Wren cell (720)495-4949

WREN ANNOUNCES FOR DENVER HOUSE DISTRICT 5

John Wren announced today that he has accepted the Republican nomination for downtown Denver House District 5 for the primary election that will be held in August.

Making the announcement, Wren said, “This campaign is a test. Two years ago the candidates for this office spent about $250,000 or about $6 for each registered voter in the district. This extravagant spending on campaigns has eliminated running for elected office as a possibility in the minds of most common, everyday people like me.

"The theme of my campaign will be the prodigal son (photo attached) the fact that none of us is perfect, and that we are all are called to amend our lives. GK Chesterton once said that the reason we are commanded to love our neighbor and to love our enemy is that so often they are the same person. I challenge other candidates in this race to use this campaign as an opportunity for community building.

“My campaign will test the idea that it is still possible for a person of limited means to be elected. I'll be holding meetings to meet my neighbors frequently, those who would like to attend should contact me via email at JohnSWren@aol.com or (303)861-1447. A blog is under construction at http://wrensjournal.blogspot.com/."

Wren is a business consultant, adult educator, and long-time community activist. He helped organize Save the Caucus which defeated Amendment 29, which was intended to eliminate the process which gave Wren this nomination. He organizes and facilitates adult learning group, see www.orgsites.com/co/poorrichard. For more information contact him at JohnSWren@aol.com or (303)861-1447.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!