Saturday, June 26, 2004

Rocky Mountain News: Entertainment The question voters should be asking about the SCFD is: are the arts better off now than before the SCFD. I recently went to the the wonderful CSO concert conducted by Jeffrey Kahane, the new Music Director. The hall was half empty. It seems to me the SCFD creates an Indian reservation for the arts, so the organizations that have grown to depend on it pull back from the audience building and fundraising that knits them into the community. But with the strong million-dollar promotional program that is planned and no organized opposition it seems there is no possible way for there to be reasonable discussion on this issue. Perhaps we can in District 5, and I'm certainly open to the possibility that I'm mistaken on this issue. What do you think? Do you have solid evidence that the arts in Denver are more available to the average person than before SCFD?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!