Socrates Cafe Online, each Tue, Fri, Sat, 1st. Sun, 6:30 pm Denver MDT (303)861-1447 Socrates Cafe Dialogue Groups: Watch1 Lead1 Start1. Meeting ID and password emailed to members 30 minutes before each meeting. For free membership write JohnScottWren@gmail.com.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I just got this from Chris Phillips, author of the book Socrates Cafe the inspiration for the groups that meet here in Denver.

hi John, I hope all is great. I can't believe our baby girls Caliope is already 5 1/2 months old. Time is flying.

I wanted to let you know that on friday Feb 23 @ 7 :30 pm I'll be back at the Tattered Cover in the LoDo district to promote my book "Socrates in Love: Philosophy for a Passionate Heart." Anything you can do to help spread the word will be much appreciated.

Hope to see you soon, and I do hope one day you can write that article (about the start and growth of the Denver Socrates Cafes) for our newsletter; we'd much appreciate and enjoy it.

cheers,Chris


I hope you'll join us to hear Chris on February 23 and that you'll try a
Socrates Cafe between now and then if you haven't already.

Groups in Denver:
Each Friday, 6 p.m., Panera Bread, 13th & Grant. No RSVP required.
Each 2nd Thursday, 7 p.m., Trinity Church, 18th & Broadway, RSVP at
http://socratescafe.meetup.com/82

KEEP THE CAUCUS ALIVE!


I just sent this to area newspapers:

Some have recently suggested the very bad idea of moving the Caucus date up to February in 2008.

If anything, it should be moved back to April or even to May. The warmer weather would increase participation, whereas the February date will very likely just kill it off.

People who care about grassroots and neighborhoods should speak out about this now.

John Wren
960 Grant St. #727
Denver, CO 80203
cell (720)495-4949

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!