Socrates Cafe Online, each Tue, Fri, Sat, 1st. Sun, 6:30 pm Denver MDT (303)861-1447 Socrates Cafe Dialogue Groups: Watch1 Lead1 Start1. Meeting ID and password emailed to members 30 minutes before each meeting. For free membership write JohnScottWren@gmail.com.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Vote Yes in Denver

I emailed this out to my online friends last night:

My friend Dennis Gallagher called me tonight,
urging a yes vote on the question now before
we Denver voters regarding a change to an
elected clerk & recorder who will be in charge
of future elections, instead of the 3 person
election commission we have now.

Dennis says this will give us some accountability,
and that we should vote yes in spite of the fact that
the Denver political establishment has joined ranks
against the change.

I agree with Dennis. If you live in Denver, please vote
yes and encourage your Denver friends to do the same.

It is clear that what we have now just doesn't work.
Too many chefs spoil the soup!

John


This morning a couple of friends emailed me that the
change would not really fix the problem, which is true.
I sent this email in response to one of them, who is
also a friend of Bill W.:


You raise good points. This whole mess shows once again
that our system of government is the worst except for all the rest!

The proposal seems to me to be progress, but certainly it is not
perfection! May be just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic,
but given the choices of yes, no or trash my ballot, seems to me
the best choice is yes.

Life is not easy, is it. Let's keep doing the little we can each day to
try and be helpful, trusting that with God's help it is enough!

I'm still at York Street, really need to rotate out of the job. Do you know
anyone who might like to take it on? http://orgsites.com/co/yorkstreetclub.

Very good to get your email, how about coffee to catch up sometime?

John

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!