Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I have spent quite a bit of time with Peter Boyles over the last 24 hours.

This morning I listened to his 5 a.m. radio show on KHOW AM630 here in Denver, and yesterday I not only listened but also called into the show.

When I called in we talked about the Fred Brown column Sunday that talked about my Anyone but J-Hic campaign http://www.denverpost.com/brown/ci_5552132.

Then yesterday he spoke at our Denver Lions Club. Great talk about how he got into radio, some of his experiences and insights. New media is dramatically changing the way we get our information. Talk radio, community newspaper, books, and of course the Internet are exploding, the large daily papers like the Denver Post are going on the ropes, about 1 per day across the country is failing he says.

In the Q&A I asked him why there is so little coverage of local events and so little criticism of the Mayor. He said, "I cover them. As far as the large daily papers, you'd have to ask Mr. Singleton."

So I tuned into his show this morning, thinking for sure he'd be talking about the May 1 Mayorial election and local issues. No such luck.

Why is it there is so little local news coverage? What is the solution? Seems to me there is a great need for a Denver News Wiki.

I'm going to the Rockies game with my son. Has been a tradition with us since they came to town to see one of the opening games of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment or question here is very welcome! Or to keep it confidential email me at John@JohnWren.com After you post or send it is very helpful if you then call me at (303)861-1447 to make sure I take a look at your comment here or your email. Thanks!